Proven Resilience From Severe Weather Power Outages
RedHawk's P250i Solid Oxide Fuel Cells provide a reliable source of DC power by converting chemical energy into electricity. The P250i is a proven, eco-friendly alternative to maintenance-intensive gas/diesel generators; working in conjunction with 12/24/48V trackside battery banks to keep batteries charged, loads powered and trains moving. The P250i can provide days, weeks and even months of extended-run backup power protection to rail crossings, signals and other trackside assets.
Powered by Propane
- The P250i is powered by readily available, easily transportable and economical propane. During operation the P250i efficiently uses 1/4lb LP per hour and can provide 130-160 hours of runtime on (2) 20# BBQ style propane tanks.
- The P250i utilizes a ceramic electrolyte which is not susceptible to freezing and thawing cycles common among other fuel cell types. It's robust design allows it to reliably operate in virtually any climate -40°C (-40°F) to 70°C (158°F).
- The P250i has no moving parts, needs no oil changes or routine maintenance. In fact, the P250i is impervious to time and can sit in standby mode for months to years at a time monitoring battery voltage and only run when called upon.
- The P250i integrates seamlessly with the utility grid, batteries, solar & wind, solar charge controllers, DC-DC Converters, fused external communications, computers, modems and other customer electronics.
Eco-Friendly "Green" Operation
- Fuel cells are an eco-friendly alternative to gas/diesel generators. Utilizing Fuel Cells for power generation can help meet corporate sustainability initiatives.
- Since 2014, we've supplied 1,000+ P250i Solid Oxide Fuel Cells to rail customers in the US & Canada - protecting their rail crossings, signals and other trackside assets.
Visit us at Railway Interchange - Oct 2-4, 2023 - Booth #1737!