The recent release of the National Transportation Safety Board's (NTSB) annual Most Wanted List has once again shone a spotlight upon rail safety in the United States. The list, described as a 'road map from lessons learned to lives saved' has a major focus on technology and its role in improving safety.
The top ten includes several rail specific requests including a renewed push for the implementation of Positive Train Control (PTC), an improvement of rail transit safety oversight and changes to rail tank car management. These are all key themes at the upcoming SafeRail (incorporating the 6th annual PTC World Congress) coming to Washington on March 22-23 2016 where Christopher A. Hart, Chairman of the NTSB is a lead speaker and will be discussing in further detail the key priorities for transit safety in the USA. Take a look at who has signed up so far.
Download the brochure to find out more
"It's a great venue to maximize your time. You can literally meet several key people in the industry in a few hours that would otherwise take months." - William Whitford, Director of Business Development, Wabtec Corporation
What operational themes will be discussed?
Masterclass: Operational Safety, Sponsored by WindRiver
In this Masterclass, you will hear from leaders in the industry discuss how they are innovating and solving the major issues in operational Anne Murtha, Manager of Corporate Safety and Analysis at WMATA will moderate and lead the discussion.
Plenary session: Developing an Effective Workforce
Workforce training is central to successful and safe operations. This plenary session will discuss workforce development strategies to ensure your new and existing infrastructure is operated at the highest safety capacity. Speakers include:
- Lisa McGowan, Director PTC Network Operations, CSX
- Tom Ondriezek, Director Transportation Training, BNSF
- Harry Baumann, Manager Engineering Training, Long Island Railroad
- Barry Melnkovic, EVP and Chief Human Capital Officer, Amtrak
- Michael Wiedecker, Director of Training, Maryland Transit Administration
Technical presentations: IT, Operations and Efficiency
The technical presentations will highlight the way Intelligent Transport Systems are being exploited to improve operational safety as well as reliability, efficiency and cost effectiveness. Technical specialists include:
- Yves Desjardin-Siciliano, CEO, VIA Rail Canada
- Nick Chodorow, Senior Director - Information Systems, Beltway of Chicago
- Charles Wolfe, Chief - Network & Communications, WMATA
- Narayanan Ramanathan (NR), Vice President of Connected Engineering and Analytic Practice, Tech Mahindra
- Senior representative, Lilee Systems
Book your ticket today to benefit from all the above content and more including two full days of case studies, debates, breakfast, lunch, a variety of networking platforms and access to the presentation slides after the event. Registering is easy and only takes a few minutes just click the link below.
We hope to see you in Washington D.C. If you have any questions regarding the show then please get in contact!.